Sep 19, 2011

Let's Redefine Monday

Every Monday I have class in the afternoon, which is rather rough for me. Part of what makes it so difficult is when I wake up and log onto facebook, blogger, and twitter, my spirit to succeed is assailed by ten thousand posts about how Monday is being a jerk and not being fair and is the worst day of the week.

Monday is just another day of the week - we are in total control of how good or bad it goes. If you're reading this early in the morning, then put on your game face and go forth and conquer. If you're reading this in the afternoon, then stop lamenting the time gone by and start your good day now! If you're arriving here on Tuesday, take an honest look at yesterday and find the ways the day was bad...I bet you'll have to think really hard.

Make it a good week, my friends! Tomorrow, I am a link in the blog chain again. The new topic focuses on books that took work, but were worth it.

For the record, I frequently partake in the Monday hates me posts. I posted my Monday face on facebook last week: 

10 comments:

  1. LOL. I try not to plan much on Mondays--I normally use it to get my groove on for the rest of the week. I just can't hit the ground running. :) Glad you're reclaiming the emotional value of the day. Hope it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of Mondays. Granted, I hate waking up to get mini-me on the school bus, but other than that, it's MONDAY! Your whole week is open to the possibility of AWESOME!! That's pretty great. :)

    *This happy Monday message brought to you by COFFFEEEEEEE*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday doesn't usually bother me that much. It's the having to go back to work that sucks, but that isn't Monday's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Monday face, very interesting look. That actually would have made my Monday, had I seen it last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather - We need to redo our thinking.

    Marisa - LOL! Thank you for that.

    Matt - Mondays aren't always the day back for me. In fact, I have today off for the first time in 6 days, lol.

    Maire - If we were facebook friends you would have seen it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monday in my classroom is the BEST day of the week! It's reading day, and my students get to read anything they want to all period (all day). I love it, they love it, it's awesome! Here's to Mondays! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monday is usually my day off so they do not suck for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I love Mondays because I'm excited to launch into a new week. But I think a lot of that has to do with the weather and with how busy I was over the weekend. But so far Monday has been okay, so I'll try to keep the positivity going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are certainly right, Jon. In spite of the relative reputations of Monday and Friday, I had a pretty good day at work today (Monday), while last Friday was awful.

    Let's stop bashing Monday and make it better!

    ReplyDelete

:D