May 6, 2010

Five question tag game thingy chain mail letter stuff funsies.

Crystal Cook, a loverly CP of mine, has tagged me for a questionnaire thing:


Where were you five years ago?
     1. Just out of high school,
     2. hating art school.
     3. Driving a 1997 Jeep Cherokee Loredo
     4. into which I pumped $150 worth of fuel each month.
     5. I thought I was happy back then.
Where would you like to be five years from now?
      1. Um...I really have no idea.  Okay, I would like to be on my own,
      2. but also with someone.
      3. Happier.
      4. Way more confident.
      5. Querying?
What is/was on your to do list today?
      1. Vacuum up a pile of glass from a light bulb that fell off my nightstand...three weeks ago.
      2. Go to work.
      3. Plan how to pay back two hefty loans.
      4. Give Belle some love 'em ups
      5. Something for myself.
What five snacks do you enjoy?
       1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
       2. Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles brand chips (I only like the Ruffles brand)
       3. Fig Newtons
       4. Unsalted peanuts, preferably Meijer brand
       5. Popcorn, air popped and real melted butter poured over the crackling kernels.  Topped off with sea salt.
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
       1. Party with a hundred kegs of AmberBock
       2. Pay off my car and my sister's cars
       3. Move to Ann Arbor
       4. Attend the University of Michigan
       5. Start a college fund for my nieces and nephews



Now, I am supposed to tag five people.  I normally break these rules, but there are people I'd like to know more about, so in the spirit of needed material for blackmailing, I choose:


1. Anita Miller because she WILL NOT do this.  I totally know she won't, just for the fact that she'd have to link to the people afterward.
2. Kelly Polark because her answers will be fun!
3. Tina Laurel Lee because I dare her to find five things I don't already know.
4. Heather Kelly because I dare her to find five things Tina doesn't already know.
5. Marisa Hopkins because she'll choose Dena Daw, who I would choose, but I am only allowed to choose five people, so I am choosing Dena by association.  Oh, and because Marisa is my best friend.

28 comments:

  1. I am honored to be picked by association, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH EM GEE!!! We are favorite-snack BFFS!! Because my list matches yours 3/5!

    And if you end up a billionaire, I really hope you would fly me out for that kegger. Although I'm a crazy drunk, and that might not be good to see :D

    Aw, love you Jon!! And I'll totally pick Dena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers Jon - I feel like I know you so much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the non-award award? Okay. Stuff Tina doesn't know. I'm on it. Thanks for the link, I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay--I had no idea that people actually air pop popcorn anymore. And, I'll come to your party but I'll bring my own wine, probably not the equivalent of 100 kegs, but enough to share (I just don't like the taste of beer). We're going to both make it rich around the same time, right??

    And sour cream ruffles are amazing! And I'm not a chip fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool post, and I totally get the Ruffles thing. Nothing else compares. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as well you dared me, because otherwise I wouldn't do it.

    Okay, I'm on this. But after the recap, okay?

    As for your snacks: gross.

    Well all except the popcorn. Oh and the Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Really I just wanted to say that to you for once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness Jon, you still want to be querying in five years? Courageous. Unless you were joking ... if so very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, man. The pressure. If I could only have coffee, I'd do this, but have I told you my doctor took me off coffee? He did. True (long, boring) story. But maybe I'll drink some tea and give it a try. You are fabulous! And I luuuuve your snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funsies indeed Jon!! You will be way ahead of querying, by then. I'll make sure of it. Just don't forget me when you're all famous k? :)

    Those are some good snacks you picked. Also I would like a report back on what you did for yourself today, and also how old is your Belle now?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am right there with the popcorn and butter. Excellence all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take the ferry across Lake Michigan for your kegger, too! I'll get silly with Marisa!
    Thank you for the tag! I shall post it soon (meaning within 4-5 days! Maybe even today!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a couple of surprises waiting for you at my blog today, Jon. You'd better hurry over! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Air popcorn. Darn, now, you made me want popcorn, and I'm at work, in between blood runs, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jon, I've been hearing about this crazy game you've got going on all over the blogosphere. Can't wait to check it out. I think you might be an evil genius!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you become & billionaire & move to Ann Arbor, let me know. I live here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SoPrncss - I know, it was hard for me to type that because I was so hungry at the time, but it wasn't feasible to make popcorn at that time :(

    Dena - I knew you would!

    Marisa - Hahaha. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Christine - Thanks! These were surprisingly easy for me to come up with, usually I have a hard time answering such personal questions.

    Heather - As a billionaire, I'll provide the wine and Cristal and whatever else you want. No drugs though. Ooo, I could totally have my own hookah lounge!

    Jen - Your comment totally made me go Sinead for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tina - You have to say it when it's true!

    Matt - Well, I figure I still have another two years of writing my current novel, then the selling of it. I think I may be querying my second novel in five years. Sound realistic, or still funny?

    Anita - Providential.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crystal - I am not sure what I did for myself...

    Belle was five months on May 1! Ugh, how I love her.

    Lydia - I know, right! Thanks for the comment.

    Kelly - You know to take your time and do it whenev. I'd just buy the ferry and come to you with the party started!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shannon - WOW!

    Roland - I didn't mean to be evil :P

    Lisa/Laura - Well, I'm really just the face of the operation. Heather and Tina are the real master-minds. Heather joked about the idea one day and we haven't looked back since.

    Natalie - Even if I move to AA poor, you'll know.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't had a Fig Newton in ages. Now I'm yearning for one.

    I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I remember how nice and chewy they were.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, honestly I have no idea how I commented on an older blog post! I'm not sure how I got to it! Probably from perusing your blog. I found you through Elegant Bloggery. She had the cutest little craft posted on oneprettything.com and then somehow I found your blog. I completely agree with your island wish, but I think I would have to be with someone to prohibit myself from going insane. Do you watch LOST? The first couple seasons are sooo cool because they are just trying to survive on the island. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. And you have a puppy, too, right? Dogs are the greatest. Maybe I'll just take my Mollie to the island. She can hunt the food.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do have a puppy, named Belle, and a another dog, her mother, named Molly. I did watch the first four seasons of LOST, but life got too convoluted. I am glad you found me through Marisa (ElegantSnobbery)!

    ReplyDelete

:D