Apr 18, 2011

O is for Once Upon a Time


Hey there!

 Anita is stopping by Carol's for the day with some words to live by!

Once upon a time, in a land called West Michigan, there was a kid named Jon. He didn't have typical dreams in life. His dreams were not as palpable as everyone else's seemed to be: doctor, engineer, architect, consultant (still trying to figure out what that is), etc. Rather, his dreams were elusive and impossible to capture. Jon was too afraid (and perhaps too stubborn) to go after them for his dreams had a life of their own.

They still do. It's a fun game, really; chasing my dreams around is my favorite way to waste time. Think Peter Pan and his shadow (minus the flying). As my dreams become more apparent and less like apparitions I feel more lifted and more...powerful - as weird as that may sound. There's less looking these days and more living - another side effect of being so stubborn.

The Jon of ten years ago is still very much alive, he's fed regularly. He is losing power, however, and perhaps the go-getter Jon will have the upper-hand soon.

FYI: Operation: Inhibition Annihilation goes into full implementation tonight AKA I start my new job as a server. Give up or live up, right?

Oh, and I have spent about twelve hours observing a teacher at a local high school. It's been very enlightening.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I actually think you'd make a great consultant. I consult you, right? And you have good advice.

    You know you'll need to take a photo of the server uniform, don't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tonight. Hope all your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon I wish you the very best of luck with all your dreams. I know you can make them come true. I see more confidence in you so whatever you're doing must be working. And good luck with the server job too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we're keeping our fingers crossed for the Go-getter Jon!

    ReplyDelete

:D