May 9, 2010

I am naming my first born Shannon

(Thank goodness it is an androgynous name.)

I have to celebrate two awesome Shannon-ladies this week!  Both Shannon Messenger(M) and Shannon O'Donnell(O) picked me (well random.org did) to win a book as a result of their Spreading the Awesome contests.  At M's blog, I won The Candy Shop War, by Brandon Mull, which looks fantastical.  At O's blog I won...wait for it...The 13th Reality by James Dashner (one of my most favoritist authors ever because of The Maze Runner).  The 13th Reality has been on my TBR pile forever, so I am uber excited to get a signed copy. Yay!

 
______________________________

Also, more reasons I love my CP Crystal.  She sent me an email this weekend through which I am drawing so much inspiration.  
Hi Jon,
My husband bought me this writer's digest magazine the other day, and there's this whole section about what agents are looking for in YA right now. And I read this and thought I would share it with you.
"I'd like to see a good gay novel, but one in which sexuality isn't an "issue" but part of the fabric of the story." Stephen Fraser agent with Jennifer DeChiara Literary Agency
Good = Scotty and Justin's story
THAT IS YOUR BOOK!! And here is someone telling you they are just waiting for it to land on their desk! Your story is beautiful and moving. So get writing, send me something to critique, and feel inspired.
Just thought I'd tell you. I will expect your work on Monday Smile emoticon jk. . . kinda.  
Crystal

Looks like this week may be a good week for writing!  Oh, except I work everyday, many of them for twelve hours.  Okay, so the writing will have to wait, but thank you, Crystal!

19 comments:

  1. Aw, Crystal, your email is BEAUTIFUL! And I agree!!

    And Jon, TOTALLY RAD, and I'm TOTALLY JEALOUS of your wins! Hurray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great inspiration to get back to work on that story!
    Also, congrats on the books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the books! Wicked cool email to inspire. No worries on how soon you get a chance to sit and write, I have a feeling you'll be carrying around this high for awhile. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, two great books to read--congrats! And how exciting to know your WIP is on somebody's wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so beautiful. The books shelves and the owl. It is tiny cooper awesome, if you know what I mean. And you so deserve the books. I don't know that anyone in the whole blogosphere that deserves books more than you. And that email from crystal is great too. Oh and did I say I loved the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, happy day! Congratulations on your wins!! Super cool. And what a great CP you have.

    BTW, love the new look, guy! It's beeeeeautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jon--It's looking great in here!! And congrats on the new books. There is nothing better.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jon! I love your new look :)

    And congrats on the books you won,but bummer about the 12 hour days.

    And I am so glad to inspire you Jon, you are very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the books! and what wonderful encouragment from your cp! I hope it inspires you to write! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I never win things! And, man, I need a blog bud like Crystal. I think we're all looking out for you, Jonathon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing does not have to wait! Be inspired and think in bite-sized pieces, like potty breaks. Instead of going to the john (ha!) go to your notebook or 'puter for fifteen, ten or five minutes and write man. Write!

    *love the new blog look btw! Especially your header. Awesome!*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go knock agent Stephen's socks off! Love your new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jon, that's good news about the book you are writing! I met Stephen Fraser at a conference a few years ago. He is a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. agh this makes me want to coome up with a new look for my blog!
    Too bad I don't know how lol
    awesome book advice btw! get writing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on winning the books! That's cool! Even better, yay that you have such a wonderful crit partner! That's so important!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you won two great books I'd love to read. What a great letter too. I work too & squeeze writing in when I can. I hope you get some time to do it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry I missed this! Thanks for mentioning today so I could come and find it. You are a sweetie! :-)

    ReplyDelete

:D