May 22, 2010

New Ventures and Celebrations

New Ventures:
I've gone back and forth ten times about whether or not to share these with you.  Right now, at this very moment, I want to show you.  By the time I am finished writing this, I may have changed my mind already.  If you're reading this, you'll know my choice.  Ha, I am too silly.  Okay, so I have been busy today cleaning up files in my computer, files in my filing cabinet, and clothes all over my floor.  Yeah, it's glorious in here now (not, I'd post a photo, but Niecy scares me).  In the comp cleanup process, I made it to my blogger page and discovered I had way too many things going on that have yet to be defined/developed.  Should I delete them?  Should I ignore them?  No, I decided.  I embraced them.  So, I give you the debut of three new blogs.  They are incomplete and so not even ready to be viewed, but what the hay, here they are.  Please visit and share your thoughts.


(FYI: the blog names below are links.)

Thespian Thesaurus will be a fun place to hang out and comment about odd words, overusedwordisms, and whatever else you feel like doing.  I have designed the blog using an old theater as inspiration.  I think it will be so cool when I am done.  The Bookshelf Muse has the best thesaurus resource around and I do not intend to compete with that beauty.  Instead, I'll make a discussion out of the different ways to describe something, anything, and everything.  Thespian Thesaurus will be a writer's resource.  I am interested in partnering with someone(s) on this project, if you're interested, send me an email and we can discuss.

Buttonology. is something I am very nervous about, but Tina has talked me into trying.  For Tina and Heather and WIBIJ?! and myself, I have created blog buttons, banners, and other funsies.  You may remember the covers I made as a contest prize a few months back.  I loved it so much I have made a hobby out of designing little things.  With Tina's pushing, I created this blog to offer you my 'services'.  My talent and resources are severely limited, but please come on over and make a request if you have one and we'll see what I can do.  Buttonology will be a shop and design funplace, if you're interested in partnering, contact via email.


know diversity! is my new baby.  I am exploring my own prejudices through books and sharing my personal growth.  I am scared and excited about this idea.  I hope the backlash of my words will not outweigh the learning I do.  Soon, though, I hope to gain participation from authors and readers about their own experiences battling prejudice in their minds.  Know diversity will be a lot of things, but most importantly a positive place.  Send me an email if you'd like to help me with this project!

W.I.B.I.J.?!, my good old friend created with my good young friends.  If you are still unacquainted, please check out the Big Top.  WIBIJ will be awesome.  WIBIJ is awesome and growing and thanks to our participants!

Celebrations:

Elana Johnson has announced her book deal!!  holla!  I am sure you have heard, but I just had to make a formal congrats on my blog.

Elana and I have taken to late night (in my timezone) chatting on many occasions.  The first time we chatted it struck me how down-to-earth she is.  Although, I think her receiving an IM from me that said something like ddkhi  vfghjjjj was a great icebreaker.  I had no idea that I had IM'd her.  I get a response a few minutes later, um...  what?  So, I'm sitting there panicking.  THE Elana Johnson just IM'd.  Oh, no, I IM'd THE EJ first?  Wait...  I sent her what?!  Then it hit me.  My puppy Belle had been sitting on my lap a few minutes before and when I lifted her off, she bumped the keyboard and her new claws must've typed and sent that gibberish IM.  So, my puppy broke the ice between Elana and I and we've used regular English since.  Actually, our chats look like they're in code.
Congrats Elana, I love when inspirational people are so close.


The other exciting news is Anita and her agentedness!  I mourn her moving on from us lowly  unagntds.  Haha, she's so not like that.  The first time we connected was when she was posted about The Hunger Games and somehow I ended up finding a photo for her of who I think should play Cinna and I knew she was cool.  You're too cool for school Anita!  I know we all found this out like a week ago, but Anita will understand :P

35 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you shared this! YOU are inspirational, too, you know! I can't wait to check out your creativity. And I'm ready to see one of your stories at Borders and see you on Oprah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then I can say, I totally follow his blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DID YOU JUST READ THAT COMMENT?! right up there?

    TOLD you so :)

    I feel all proud of you for what your doing, it's awesome. I'm excited to go have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to start checking my spelling before I post comments. Ahem. . . I meant 'you're'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read elsewhere about Elana's book deal. I'm happy for her.

    I look forward to seeing how you develop all your blogs--that's an ambitious task.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyndsay - Thank you! It makes me feel good to know that I inspire people.

    Crystal - I know, I know. I love your 'I told you so' moments.

    Medeia - Yes, I know it is. I am excited to see what I do too, but in the end, finishing my book is number one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap Jon! You have a ton going on! All sorts of crazy new ventures! Are you sleeping at night?!?

    Way to go dude! I hope they all take off... especially buttonology, mostly because I'm impressed by anyone who can create anything on the computer. I'm a lame-ass when it comes to technology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck -- like, you're not busy enough?!? Usually, when I clean out my closet, there's less stuff, not more. ;)

    I love your blog concepts. Very cool and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SIF - I know, I'm overzealous, but it'll help me to stay organized, I believe. I'm not that great with creating things on the computer, yet...

    Kris - Good points...I like to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm especially excited about the Thesaurus...I want to see what happens there, whether I have anything to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are busy. I will definately check out your ventures. Keep going on the writing because you are doing great! I hope I get to read more in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm following you all over the place, now! Woot! Can't wait to see your new blogs once they really get going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're a madman and I love ya for it. Rock and roll, brother.

    Dig the bookshelves in the background of this blog, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on all the new ventures. Wow, you're really productive. I could use some help on words so that sounds really interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jon, you have some cool projects in the works. Congrats and good luck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anita - You'll for sure have contributions to make!

    Christine - Thanks for commenting on my writing, it makes me feel really good :)

    Marisa - You're my official stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kristopher - Thanks! The bookshelves are from the new template editor than few people have noticed yet. I figured once they do, the bookshelves will be allover the place and I'll have to change again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Natalie - I am not sure about productive...I prefer INSANE!

    Paul - Thank you, I hope to see your comments at those places too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was exhausted just reading about all your new endeavors. Quit making me feel like a total slacker. (smiles) Pure awesomeness, they are. Seriously kiddo, good luck with all of these new things.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - you have a lot going on! Good luck with all your new ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Buffy - Thank you so much! Inkwell is part of the inspiration, btw. I so love that you call me 'kiddo'.

    Susan - I do have a lot going on, thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck on your new blogs, Jon!! Will definitely check them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I noticed your profile referencing some new blogs, can't wait to see more.

    Yay for Elana!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the know diversity idea (well, I like all of them actually) but I think diversity and prejudices (and we all have them) are at the root of great stories. Unearthing prejudices and how we deal with them is an issue of the heart. A personal one and a vulnerable one. For example I am very prejudiced against fruit in cookies. And my husband takes that very much to heart. He has to make his own **** oatmeal raisin cookies when he wants them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Matt - Thanks, I'm working on it.

    Laura - Thank you for the support and the laugh! Fruit in oatmeal cookies is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  26. SO fun Jon! I love all your new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stalker... dude, you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's effing where in the blogosphere is J AT YOUR OWN BLOG. You're making me work for, J. So are the kitties, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What great ventures. And thanks for staying up late for those sometimes coherent chats. I am not eating a plate of meat today. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  30. So, I just realized that commented then didn't click on your new blog links! Well, now I did and I am following all twenty of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Okay, my above comment was supposed to be more funny, less...whatever. You know I would follow you anywhere, and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are such a busy blogger! Don't forget about those brilliant PB's, Jon. I'm dying to read one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. There's something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are a busy guy Jonathon! Can't wait to check out all your new ventures! And hoorah for Elana J!

    ReplyDelete

:D