Mondays are mean. I am mean on Mondays.
Together, we are Meanie Monday
This Monday, so far, I'm not so mean. And since the last full moon was on Saturday, most of the weird is out of the way for the week, I hope.
Ya know what's cool about today, February 1? It's Post a Photo of Your Work Area Day, per Anita Laydon Miller. Um, so until Tina reminded me last night, I had completely forgot. So, without any cleanup or staging, I present to you my humble work space.
For all matters and purposes, yes that is a bowl of venison stew, a few used napkins, and books on how to talk right. If you look to the far right, the book standing up behind the audio speaker with the face on it is Ripley's Believe It or Not: Special Edition 2008. I have no idea why that's there, I hate Ripley's.
Also, I took the assessment test for the US Census Bureau and got a high score, so hopefully I'll have a second job for the spring, further cutting down my online time, oh, and writing time.
I received the Happy 101 Award from Natalie. Apparently I have to state ten things that make me happy and then pass the award along to ten people. I'll follow the first rule, but the second one breaks a site rule, I will only pass an award along to one recipient.
First thing's first. Ten things that make me happy:
1. Peanut Butter
2. My sisters - Kerra, Marie, and Michelle (see one of my earliest posts)
3. My best friends - Britt, Raina, and Robin (see the post from last Saturday)
4. My puppy - Belle, see below.
5. Books, specifically crisp new ones (like my untouched copy of The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma that's been sitting on my shelf since Christmas, somebody remind me it's there!)
6. The Beatles - "Julia", "Dear Prudence", and "Obladi, Oblada," at the moment.
7. Potatoes - Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.
8. John Green
9. Mini Coopers
And, now for my awardee: Rena Jones. Rena's blog is fresh and thought-provoking, yet each post is easy breezy to read and relate to. Basically, it is the complete opposite of my blog. I like her serious tone when it's necessary, but the other times she has a writer's voice that just tells you she is a nurturer. I find lots of happy over at her blog and in her books.
Good at Magic Eyes? You'll love this one.
If that didn't sell you, this surely will. Despite looking vicious, Belle is totally comatose. (And, Anita, that is the correct angle, for once.)
Don't forget about Something About Me Saturday (SAMS)! Post your questions in any comment this week under the headline SAMS.